These pumpkins are so cute and crazy easy to make! My youngest even made two of them on her own (except for using the hot glue gun) She’s always so excited when she gets to help me with craft projects. I’ll show you how to make these fabulous fall decorations in about 10 minutes!
- Hollow Styrofoam pumpkins you can get at just about any dollar store (You can use other pumpkins too, you just need to be able to carve a hole out of the top)
- Any fabric cut to approximately 18” X 18”
- Sticks, fake leaves, etc for the stem and leaf detail
- Hot glue gun
- Optional string, twine, or yarn
Let’s get going!
- Remove the stem from the pumpkin, it pulls out really easily
- Using scissors or an Exacto knife, cut a 1”-2” in diameter hole in the top. The thinner your fabric, the smaller the hole should be, thicker fabric should have a larger hole.
- Cut the fabric into approximately 18” X 18” square. This doesn’t need to be exact at all, you just need to be able to have all the edges reach the hole.
- Set your fabric down with the wrong side up and put the pumpkin in the middle with the hole facing up
- Fold one side of the fabric in towards the center and stuff it into the hole
- Repeat folding the fabric and stuffing all the way around until all the fabric is tucked in
- Adjust the fabric to get any loose ends tucked away and arranged just how you like it
- If you’d like, you can give the ridges more definition by wrapping yarn or twine around the pumpkin
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the stick into the hole to make the stem. If the hole is too big, just squeeze the fabric around the stick as the glue dries and you’ll be good to go
- Finally, attach any leaves or other decorative touches with your hot glue gun!
Wasn’t that easy? And they are just so darn adorable! Now that you know how simple they are to make, go make a ton more and decorate your entire house.
Need more DIY projects in your life? Check out all the posts on our BLOG!