It’s a new year and it’s time to level up some of our skills! I swear it will be easier than you think and we’ll be here to hold your hand the whole way. The Meg Dress is a super classy addition to your wardrobe that can be dressed up or down. It’s perfect for an event- the boardroom, the party, the theater, the PTA meeting, or even the chores. You’re going to love learning how to personalize a pattern for your particular body.
The Meg Dress includes:
- PDF pattern for knit fabrics with at least 50% horizontal stretch
- Fully lined bodice and back zipper
- Bodice with bust darts in sewing cup sizing AA – DD (tutorial explains how sewing cup may be different from bra sizing)
- Waist darts on the front and back so you can get a smooth fit from bust to waist and from waist to hips
- Crewneck or scoop neckline options
- Sleeve options include sleeveless, short, three-quarter, and long
- Sleeves can be hemmed or finished with two length options of a flounce
- Skirt length options include short, knee, tea, and maxi (for A-line only)
- Skirt can be made fitted or A-line
- A-line skirt has optional on-seam pockets that are sewn into front waistline to prevent gaping
- Tea-length fitted skirt has kick-pleat
- Women’s sizing XXS – 5XL (see info page as the last image)
- Extensive fitting section!
- Check out this video of our testers’ makes!
This listing is for a downloaded PDF sewing pattern, NOT a finished product. Your download should immediately pop up after purchasing, but you can also log into your account at any time and download the package again. Your downloads will include a professionally drawn pattern with trimless pages (now with diamond corner markers) and layers.
The pattern pieces included are formatted for 8.5×11, A4 (typically outside of the US), and A0 printers. Please remember to NOT use the A4 pattern unless you are located outside of the US and own an A4 printer and A4 paper. The A0 pattern is specifically designed for large format printing. You have permission from 5 out of 4 Patterns to have this pattern printed at your local copy shop.
The separate tutorial download includes hyperlinks to help you navigate to whichever options you’re interested in doing. It also includes professionally drawn images for each tutorial step as well as pictures for steps that might be a little tricky. We take great pains to make the tutorial as clear as possible! We’ve even included links to our YouTube channel, where you can find video tutorials on certain steps.
The Meg Dress pattern includes sizes XXS-5XL. The size chart and fabric requirements are listed in the last image. Want to dress up a child in your life too? Try out the Kids’ Sydney Peplum and Dress!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We’d love to see you in our Facebook group, Pinterest, and on Instagram too!