Easter is getting closer! I’m having fun decorating my house with Easter related items! This week, I made an Easter wall decoration. I used the awesome “Chilling with my Peeps” cut file from 5 out of 4 patterns! It’s so adorable! Many of the other materials, I got from my dollar store! I love using inexpensive items to make beautiful crafts! Would you like to decorate your walls for Easter? Keep reading and I’ll show you how I made my Easter wall decoration!
- Chillin with my Peeps cut file-find it here!
- Your cutting machine and permanent vinyl (I used 3 colors)
- A round pizza pan
- Sand paper
- Spray paint
- White cotton balls (I used about 24)
- Eggs, flowers, or any other decoration that you want to use to embellish the pan
- A small piece of ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Prepare your pizza pan
- Use the sand paper to scratch the surface of your pizza pan. This will allow the spray paint to stick to the pan.
- Just rub the sandpaper on the pan a few times to get some scratches, you only have to scratch the top of the pan since that is all that we are going to paint.
Paint the pizza pan
- After your pan is all scratched up, wipe it off with a clean towel and make sure all the dust and particles are off of it
- Now, it’s time to spray paint
- Hold the can about 6-12 inches from the pan and spray using even strokes
- Don’t put too much paint in one place or you could get drip marks
- After the first coat dries, add a second coat
- Once that dries, determine if you want to add more paint or if it looks good
- Allow pan to fully dry before applying vinyl (I let mine dry for more than 24 hours, just to be sure that it was cured)
Time to use the cut file
- Download the Chillin with my Peeps cut file
- Use your specific cutting machine to cut out the file on vinyl
- Apply the vinyl to your pizza pan
- I chose to put my vinyl in the middle of the pan, but depending on how you want to decorate it, you may want it to be higher or lower
Add the ribbon hanger
- I used a small piece of ribbon on the back of the pizza pan to hang it with
- You could use a longer piece and have it visible above the pan, if you wish
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 3-4 inches long
- Shape the ribbon hanger into a loop
- Glue one end on top of the other end
- Glue the loop onto the back of the pizza pan
Let’s embellish the Easter wall decoration!
- I used cotton balls all around the edge of the pizza pan. You can choose to line it with something different. I actually bought a really pretty rope that I planned on using, but I just love the look of the cotton balls. They remind me of bunny tails! 🙂
- You will need a hot glue gun and about 24 cotton balls
- Add hot glue to a cotton ball
- Stick the cotton ball along the edge of the pan
- Continue gluing and sticking cotton balls all around the edge until it is covered
- Add glue to two cotton balls and stick them to the bottom of the bunnies for their tails
Continue embellishing as you wish and you’re done!
- I chose to put 3 eggs on the bottom of my Easter wall decoration
- I used plastic Easter eggs
- Put some hot glue on the back of the egg
- Stick it to the pan where you want it
- Wasn’t that a fun and easy project! It’s so cute, too!
- Now, go hang it up and go chill with your peeps 🙂