You asked. 5oo4 delivered…
The Shenanigans Skort is a quick, easy sew with a ton of options, and it is perfect for summertime fun – at the park, on the court or field, even lounging poolside! In just 15 sewing minutes per day you will have a lovely new me-made to proudly wear this weekend. Thanks for joining us for the Shenanigans sewalong!
Here’s how to join in the F-U-N:
- Visit the blog everyday this week for sewalong details.
- Sewalong each day as follows:
- Monday: Purchase and prepare pattern pieces.
- Tuesday: Cut fabric.
- Wednesday: Sew shorts.
- Thursday: Sew skirt.
- Friday: Attach shorts, skirt, and waistband.
- Saturday: Picture Day (or catch-up day)!
- Sunday: Submit final photo.
- Monday: WINNERS announced!
- Join the 5oo4 FB Page. Participants are encouraged to post in-progress photos, ask for help and advice, and help others throughout the week on the daily FB post thread…(psssst…there may be daily participation prizes involved).
- Share your finished photo in the Shenanigans Album for an opportunity to win a PRIZE!
- WIN! We have lovely (and gracious) sponsors for the Shenanigans sewalong! Please be sure to visit their websites and/or Facebook pages in appreciation!
THANK YOU for donating these AMAZING prizes:
$50 Shopping Spree at Sincerely Rylee
$30 Shopping Spree at So Sew English
$25 Shopping Spree at True North Fabrics
C/L Textile Pack from Pink Zeppelin Fabrics
FREE Patterns from 5oo4 Patterns
Let the SEWALONG begin!
Sewalong Day 1: Planning and Preparing Pattern Pieces
Step 1: Purchase your pattern. Save 20% with coupon code SEWALONG (code valid June 24, 2017 – July 2, 2017).
Step. 2: Choose your options; this pattern offers many ways to personalize your skirt/skort/shorts:
- Three Skirt Lengths
- Three Rises
- Optional Shorts with four inseam lengths
- Two Pocket Options
- Optional Flounce at Skirt Hem.
Step 3: MEASURE your body then choose the best size(s) for a custom fit for YOUR body.
Step 4: Print and assemble your pattern. Now is a good time to make initial adjustments to your pattern pieces for the best fit, i.e.: grading between sizes if needed. And remember to always check your 1″ square BEFORE taping and cutting.
Step 5: Cut your pattern reflecting any fit adjustments you made in Step 3.
Congratulations! You finished Day 1 of the Shenanigans Skort Sewalong!
Please be sure to visit the blog for Day 2…it’s all about FABRIC!
Psssst. Did you pre-wash your fabric yet? If not, hurry, get it in the wash, so you are ready for tomorrow!