Whew! Why not outfit all the people in your family with the family bundle of swim shorts?
These patterns are woven shorts patterns intended for microfiber (“board short”) material.
The Women’s Boardshorts pattern includes:
- Sizes 0 – 24 (see the last image for a size chart)
- Relaxed fit with a low rise and a back yoke to help mold to your size
- Velcro fly
- 4 inseam lengths: 2″, 5″, 7″, and 9.5″
- Comprehensive fitting guide. Since this is for wovens, I have to classify this as an intermediate pattern. You should expect to do some personal fitting. There are pictures and drawings to help you figure out which alterations are best for your personal fit issues.
- Optional cargo pocket in two sizes
- Leg openings can be hemmed or finished with binding
The Men’s Swim Trunks pattern includes:
- Relaxed Fit Shorts
- Mesh Liner
- Hand Pockets
- Cargo Pocket with Flap
- Elastic Waistband
The Kids’ Swim Trunks pattern includes:
- Medium rise – this will hit about 1.5″ below the child’s navel
- On-seam hand pockets
- Two lengths – the shorts will hit right at the knees or a few inches above the knees
This listing is for a family bundle of 3 PDF sewing patterns, NOT finished products. Your download should immediately pop up after purchasing, but you can also log into your account at any time and download the package again. The download will be 3 zipped files, one for each pattern package. Your downloads will include a professionally drawn pattern with trimless pages and layers. The pattern pieces included are formatted for 8.5×11, A4 (typically outside of the US), Projector, and A0 printers. Please remember NOT to use the A4 pattern unless you are located outside of the US and own an A4 printer and A4 paper. The A0 pattern is specifically designed for large format printing and you have permission from 5 out of 4 Patterns to have this pattern printed at your local copy shop. The separate tutorial download includes hyperlinks to help you navigate to whichever options you’re interested in doing. It also includes professionally drawn images for each tutorial step as well as pictures for steps that might be a little tricky. We take great pains to make the tutorial as clear as possible!
Interested in making the rest of your swimsuit too? Make sure you check out all of the swimsuit options 5oo4 offers! Our most popular items to pair with the Women’s Boardshorts are the Agility and the Ultimate Bikini Bottoms. For the men in your life, you should take a look at the Ryan Raglan or the Rocky Tee. For Kids’, we have the Girls’ Agility, the Rocket Raglan, or the tank from the Versatility.
The Women’s Boardshorts pattern is available for women’s sizes 0-24. The Men’s Swim Trunks are available in sizes XXS – 5XL. The Kids’ Swim Trunks are available in sizes 0-3m through 14. The size charts and fabric requirements are listed in the last 3 images.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email (email@example.com) if you have any questions. We’d love to see you in our Facebook group too!