The Bethany Swim Shorts are the swim shorts you’ve been wanting for this summer! I really like shorts for swimming, water skiing, SUP, kayaking, chasing children, eating ice cream…oh wait…the point is that I prefer shorts instead of bikini bottoms. I mean–have you ever been tubing and as you get thrown into the water you realize your bikini bottoms are somewhere around your ankles?
Wait…is that just me??
Anyway, I like to wear swim shorts that don’t make me feel like a stuffed sausage. Enter Bethany. I get to use all my bright and colorful swim fabric. I get fun details and a built-in brief. The Bethany Swim Shorts are the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe!
The Bethany Swim Shorts include:
- Sizing is based on our women’s size chart from XXS-5XL
- Knit fabric with 50% 4-way stretch
- Optional built-in brief can be made from mesh or nylon lycra
- Side seams are overlapped and finished with binding for an extra pop of color
- Maternity/low, mid, and high rise options
- 2 waistband options – contoured or elastic
- 4 inseam lengths – 1.5″, 2.5″, 4.5″, and 7″
- You can see all of our testers’ great versions here!
- Check out the kids’ Bethany Swim Shorts or save more by buying the bundle!
This listing is for a downloaded PDF sewing pattern, NOT a finished product. Your download should immediately pop up after purchasing, but you can also log into your account at any time and download the package again. Your downloads will include a professionally drawn pattern with trimless pages (now with diamond corner markers) and layers.
The pattern pieces included are formatted for 8.5×11, A4 (typically outside of the US), Projector, and A0 printers. Please remember to NOT use the A4 pattern unless you are located outside of the US and own an A4 printer and A4 paper. The A0 pattern is specifically designed for large format printing. You have permission from 5 out of 4 Patterns to have this pattern printed at your local copy shop.
The separate tutorial download includes hyperlinks to help you navigate to whichever options you’re interested in doing. It also includes professionally drawn images for each tutorial step as well as pictures for steps that might be a little tricky. We take great pains to make the tutorial as clear as possible!