WELCOME! I’m super excited for this week! I’ve been sewing like crazy and thrilled that we are going to sew up a Leslie and Lester together. Join me every day this week. The tutorial has been split up into 5 sections. We’ll take each section and work through it all.
If you still need the patterns you can find them HERE.
Before we get started let’s talk about the patterns:
The Leslie Top, Tunic, and Dress includes:
- Women’s sizes XXS – 5XL
- Men’s sizes XS – 6XL
- Top (hem or band), Tunic (hem, band, or curved hem), and Dress (hem or band)… *tunic and dress options offered in Leslie only
- Three-piece hood or a shawl collar in two height options for Leslie and one height for Lester
- FBA (full bust adjustment) pattern piece for Leslie
- Hemmed, cuffs or thumbhole cuffs
- Short or long sleeves
- Kangaroo pocket or welt pocket
- Check out this YouTube video of all of our testers’ versions!
Scared of zippers? Trust me, we make it easy. Between awesome technical drawings and fantastic tutorial videos, we promise you’ll be able to conquer your fear of zippers in no time. Then we’ll even make it extra fancy by showing you how to cover your seam allowance with twill tape so your finished item will look store-bought!
Here’s a little more info:
Are you ready for day one? Me too! Today we’re printing, assembling the pattern, making any necessary adjustments and cutting out fabric! Let get to it:
WELL, THAT’S IT FOR TODAY! THE LESLIE AND LESTER SEW ALONG HAS BEGUN.
We’ll see you tomorrow for Day Two of our Leslie and Lester Sew Along and Tutorial. I can’t wait to get sewing. You’re going to love everything about this pattern.
Make sure you post your Day ONE progress HERE for you chance to win a $15 gift card! We can’t wait to see what everyone does this week.